Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let your hate flow.

Day 11/100
A picture of something you hate.

There are many things that I don't like. Many more that just kinda annoy me. The list of things that I hate is extremely short. I hate the abuse of power (no matter where); I hate when ignorance is an excuse for violence, but most of all I hate violence in the home. I am very fortunate to have been raised in a family that was far from this. Maybe that is why I have such a strong hatred of violence in the home. A home is a safe place, where we come to escape from the world. Loving relationships are a sanctuary from the ugly attitudes and manipulative nature of the world we live in. There is a peace that comes from the trust we place in those closest to us. Domestic violence (and this includes dating violence) breaks all of those feelings. It robs the heart and mind of peace and the body of rest. Violence carries both a connotation of physical as well as verbal/mental attacks. I do not exempt myself from the action I hate. I know that I have made physical and verbal attacks that were unwarranted, often followed by remorse and a profuse apology. The people I don't have much sympathy for are the cronic offenders that feel it is their right and privilege to treat people in such a manner. I may have to leave this here for now, put a pin in it, and let my blood-pressure drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment